I figured I would say a little bit more about the tackled 8-year-old situation. At this point, it’s impossible to truly know what happened (did this drunk fan really tackle the kid? did he just trip? did anything happen at all?), and it’s reasonable to think that the whole situation seems fishy. However, I cannot just completely disregard what this kid’s mother had to say going off of the father and her son’s experience.
Knowing certain kinds of Browns fans, it is likely that some of them were throwing swears around and being a little rowdy. Whether or not someone actually tackled this kid (and by that, I mean, whether or not it was intentional to knock this kid down), it probably comes down to a few people being a little too rowdy after the game, that’s all. Still, people will look at this story a certain way, no matter what.
Maybe this eyewitness account will help clear things up.
And now, some TGIF links!
- My weekly NFL.com article: Browns Ascending Into Respectability
- Do you really believe that Tim Couch is one of the 100 worst players in NFL history? (Cleveland.com)
- The Browns will win against the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday if… (Waiting for Next Year)
- The Browns are 18th in this week’s Sports Illustrated NFL Power Rankings (SI.com)
- Josh Cribbs did not practice again Friday, but he has yet to be ruled out for Sunday’s game (ESPN.com)
- James Walker is picking the Browns (and every other AFC North team, for that matter) to win this weekend (ESPN.com)
- Charting Eric Mangini via ESPN Power Rankings (Waiting for Next Year)
- As Cleveland Prepares for Jacksonville, You Always Wonder Which Team You’ll Face (Dawgs By Nature)