As the FanSided network continues to grow, so too do our opportunities to take part in great causes such as this. Through a partnership with our outstanding hosting service, Site5, FanSided is embarking on a holiday charity drive for the Boys and Girls Club of America. Our goal is to raise $5,000 and every little bit helps, even if it’s $5 or $10.
It’s not often that you get the chance to do something so worthwhile. The Boys and Girls Club of America is a great organization for young people and if you were looking for the chance to start the holiday season off right, this is the perfect opportunity. There are few organizations that do as much good for children as the BGCA, and we at FanSided are delighted to be able to help contribute to it.
To donate to the FanSided and Site5 Holiday Season Charity Drive, visit this link.
Thanks again to the partnership with Site5, as their services would not allow FanSided to be where it is today. And thanks to you, not only for donating to our holiday drive, but for being the reason that we can even put something like this together. For that, we are especially thankful.
In the spirit of the holiday season, here are the things I am thankful for in the sports world:
- First of all, that the Browns are developing into a respectable team, and will be a very good team once they stop playing down to their opponents.
- That the Miami Heat are not only struggling, but reaching the level of implosion so early in the season.
- The emergence of Peyton Hillis
- That Colt McCoy was given an opportunity to play and has exceeded just about everyone’s expectations
- That remixes of athletes and coaches imploding at the podium exist, and that I can expect to see a Derek Anderson version any day now
- That Cliff Lee is not yet a member of the New York Yankees and, gasp, might not be at all!
- That the Cleveland Indians diverted my attention from how truly awful they are to their new uniforms
- That Browns rookies Joe Haden and T.J. Ward are contributing so much to the defense.
- The new alternate jersey of the Columbus Blue Jackets
- The growth of the FanSided network and, of course, all of the readers of Dawg Pound Daily
What are you thankful for in the sports world this holiday season?