13. Buffalo Bills (3-0; Last week – 23): It’s hard to not want to rank the Bills even higher after their epic come-from-behind win against the Patriots, erasing a 21-0 deficit and ending the Patriots’ 15-game winning streak against Buffalo.
15. New York Giants (2-1; Last week – 18): Despite the Eagles’ struggle, the Giants’ victory in Philadelphia was a big statement in the NFC East. There is every indication that this is going to be an up-and-down season for the Giants.
17. Dallas Cowboys (2-1; Last week – 17): You have to admire Tony Romo for playing through the pain, but the Cowboys were barely able to pull out a win against the Redskins at home. If the Cowboys are going to make the playoffs, it seems like it will be due to the defense.
18. Chicago Bears (1-2; Last week – 12): Despite making the NFC Championship Game last season, the Bears seem to be in a perpetual state of relative mediocrity, and might need to make some big changes to eventually take the next step.
19. Tennessee Titans (2-1; Last week – 19): Fantasy owners shouldn’t fret over Chris Johnson’s slow start to the season. Or am I just saying that because I may or may not own him in a fantasy league? Either way, the Titans look to be a contender for the division.
20. San Francisco 49ers (2-1; Last week – 20): It’s a running theme with the NFC West, but it’s worth saying again that no matter how bad the 49ers might look, they will always be in the playoff hunt. Beating the Eagles on Sunday would go a long way to proving their legitimacy.