Here are the notes from Browns head coach Rob Chudzinski’s press conference today
- DL Billy Winn is not practicing today. He is running, but he is just not quite there yet. Getting him back healthy would be huge for that defensive line rotation.
- OLB Jabaal Sheard is going to practice today. He is on pace to play and the Browns are close to going ahead and saying he will be play. In so doing, it means that he could start and Barkevious Mingo could go back to being more of a specialist and pass rusher.
- Chud said that Brandon Weeden’s mindset is good. He is confident he can bounce back this week. They are going to try to do more in terms of scheme that works with Weeden’s strengths and put him in more positions to succeed.
- The coaches are doing everything they can to figure out why they are having problems with third down defense
- Chud emphasized he is the one who decides who plays quarterback; not the front office.
- When asked about what needs to get better, Chud said “It starts with me.”
- Chud said it’s apparent that team supports Weeden.
Topics: Cleveland Browns