The Cleveland Browns and St. Louis Rams face off in the all important 3rd Pre-Season game tonight in Cleveland. We will be bringing you takeaways a little different than last week. We will give you summary statements with specific plays to back that up. Tonight you can expect 1st and 2nd quarter takeaways and Sunday morning you can expect 2nd half takeaways. Lets take a look at Browns VS. Rams.
- No pressure on first three pass plays.
- Give up 36 yards on 3rd and 25 is horrible for Pettine’s defense, no pressure on Sam Bradford was killer.
- After a short run, big pressure by Mingo on an inside move.
- Rams drive stalls with Shaun Hill in for Bradford who was injured on 2nd down throw pressure by Armonty Bryant.
- Run defense solid but lack of pressure and all the DB injuries allow zones to be open for long 3rd down conversions.
- Barkevious Mingo missed a tackle on the opening play, coverage has been the biggest adjustment struggle for him.
- Good coverage by rookie Justin Gilbert on comeback incomplete on the sideline.
- Browns benefiting from Rams penalties on a drive that hasn’t been stellar for the defense.
- 15 play drive ends with a field goal.
- Justin Gilbert with fine coverage but never turned his head around on long pass play to Kenny Britt.
- Brian Hoyer read corner blitz on first play, hit Miles Austin for a 17 yard gain.
- Three completions in a row, Hoyer much more comfortable. Audible with Rams blitzing up the middle.
- Loss of 4 on 2nd down run, and pressure on 3rd down ends Browns 1st drive with a punt.
- Mitchell Schwartz showing some of the same problems that caused fans frustration last year.
What did you see in the 1st quarter?