May 9, 2014; Berea, OH, USA; Cleveland Browns first round draft picks Justin Gilbert (Oklahoma State) and Johnny Manziel (Texas A&M) are introduced to the media with head coach Mike Pettine (left) and general Manager Ray Farmer (left) at the Cleveland Browns Headquarters. Mandatory Credit: Joe Maiorana-USA TODAY Sports
The Cleveland Browns Draft could be a very unique one. One that could divide fans greatly as many believe strongly in what they believe the team should or will do. Because of that many fans, including this writer, has ranked players, at least in their head, that they would want the team to draft with the 12th pick.
Instead of keeping them in my head, where they seem to swim around, change positions and lack structure, decided to put them down “on paper.” A few caveats are important before we get to the list and description:
- These are my rankings for the Browns not ranking these players based on talent or grade.
- They are just mine.
- They are subject to change as we head to the draft.
- Unlikely anything that happens in Free Agency was going to impact our thoughts about the Browns 1st round picks.
- Still true today, nothing they could do in Free Agency will greatly impact these thoughts.
- Players were selected based on those we think there is a chance they could make it to #12.
- Depth (who could be available at 19 and 2nd round) may play a role in our thoughts at 12.
- Sports are supposed to be fun so we focus on the enjoyment of them.
- You will disagree with some or all of these.
Either in the comment section or on social media, we would love to hear from you. Hopefully you enjoy our rankings and it spurns you into thought, that is often our biggest goal on here. Information and provoking thought are foundational for us here at DPD.
Now on to our rankings: