Unlike the Bengals, the Baltimore Ravens do not have a lot of talent available as unrestricted free agents, with the top names being offensive tackle Kelechi Osemele, outside linebacker Courtney Upshaw and and kicker Justin Tucker.
More from Dawg Pound Daily
- How the Browns could maximize Nick Chubb in 2023
- Can Deshaun Watson get to Patrick Mahomes level for Cleveland Browns?
- 3 Cleveland Browns who should see an expanded role in 2023 and 1 who should not
- Is Marcus Davenport on the Browns radar in 2023?
- 5 Free agents from Super Bowl LVII Cleveland Browns should target
If the Ravens have to use the franchise tag to retain Osemele, then the Browns will definitely be able to talk to Tucker. The Browns had problems at kicker in 2016 and will be looking to strengthen this position. Despite his accuracy, Travis Coons lacks leg strength, which is one of the reasons why he had four field goals blocked in 2014 as he had to kick low to increase his distance.
At age 26, Tucker is one of the premier kickers in the NFL. He was fourth in touchbacks this past season with 63 – Coons had a paltry 27 – and was 29-of-30 on field goals under 50 yards. He is also 100 percent on extra points in his four-year career.
Tucker would not be a particularly exciting addition for Browns fans, but he would shore up the kicking position for a number of years and give the Browns somebody that they can rely on.