Cleveland Browns: 4 defensive takeaways vs. the Ravens
By Thomas Moore
4 of 5
The Browns did a better job against the run on Sunday, holding the Ravens to just 80 yards and 3.1 yards per carry.
More from Dawg Pound Daily
- How the Browns could maximize Nick Chubb in 2023
- Can Deshaun Watson get to Patrick Mahomes level for Cleveland Browns?
- 3 Cleveland Browns who should see an expanded role in 2023 and 1 who should not
- Is Marcus Davenport on the Browns radar in 2023?
- 5 Free agents from Super Bowl LVII Cleveland Browns should target
It helps, of course, that they got to face running back Terrance West, who continues to average 3.8 yards per carry no matter which team he plays for, but the Browns did what they had to do.
Leading the way were linebackers Demario Davis (team-high nine tackles) and Christian Kirksey (seven tackles), along with Shelton, who had eight tackles and continues to get things done along the defensive line.
Davis (75.3), Kirksey (75) and linebacker Nate Orchard (79.1) were three of the five highest-graded defenders, according to Pro Football Focus, which offers hope for the run defense this season.