Cleveland Browns Secure Quarterback of the Future and More in This 1st Round Mock
By Tyler Hise
4. Cleveland Browns: Bradley Chubb, Defensive End, NC State
Cleveland adds another first round pass rusher to pair with Myles Garrett and instill fear into opposing offenses. This is the second-straight season they wind up with the best edge rusher in the draft.
5. Denver Broncos: Baker Mayfield, Quarterback, Oklahoma
John Elway won’t go another year seeing mediocre play at the quarterback position and he takes this opportunity to grab a talented and motivated leader in Baker Mayfield.
More from Dawg Pound Daily
- Cleveland Browns critics continue to misplace their judgement
- 3 Cleveland Browns players who don’t deserve another season in 2023
- How the Browns could maximize Nick Chubb in 2023
- Can Deshaun Watson get to Patrick Mahomes level for Cleveland Browns?
- 3 Cleveland Browns who should see an expanded role in 2023 and 1 who should not
6. Indianapolis Colts: Saquon Barkley, Running Back, Penn State
Most people, including myself thought that when the Colts traded back, that they were taking themselves out of the running for Barkley. However, with quarterbacks coming off quickly, I see Barkley dropping to a team that needs a dominant back in the worst way.
7.Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Minkah Fitzpatrick, Safety, Alabama
The Bucs add a versatile defensive back to a secondary that will need to improve in 2018 to keep up with Drew Brees, Matt Ryan and Cam Newton.
8. Arizona Cardinals (via trade w/ Chicago Bears): Lamar Jackson, Quarterback, Louisville
Arizona trades up to ensure it gets a top quarterback. Jackson’s athleticism paired with David Johnson in the backfield will provide an immediate spark to the Cardinals’ offense.
9. San Fransisco 49ers: Denzel Ward, Cornerback, Ohio State
Ward may be the best cover corner in this draft and the 49ers improve their secondary and continue to rebuild a team that looks to be heading in the right direction.