Cleveland Browns: All-Time roster
By Randy Gurzi
Special Teams — Phil Dawson, Don Cockroft, Josh Cribbs
The Browns all-time roster starts out with Phil Dawson as their kicker. While it’s tempting to put Lou Groza in here, the real attraction there would be the fact that he played for 21 seasons and also lined up as tackle. Groza also won four titles with Cleveland, but it’s not Dawson’s fault he played on bad teams.
More from Dawg Pound Daily
- How the Browns could maximize Nick Chubb in 2023
- Can Deshaun Watson get to Patrick Mahomes level for Cleveland Browns?
- 3 Cleveland Browns who should see an expanded role in 2023 and 1 who should not
- Is Marcus Davenport on the Browns radar in 2023?
- 5 Free agents from Super Bowl LVII Cleveland Browns should target
Despite being on a poor franchise, Dawson was money. He has the most accurate field goal percentage of any Cleveland player to ever attempt at least 50 field goals. He also has the most makes in Browns history with 305 career makes.
Don Cockroft also makes this team as he provided a steady punting leg during his career. While he also served as placekicker, Cockroft is the leader in punting yards in Browns history. He pushed opponents back for Cleveland from 1968 through 1980 and had 26,262 career yards punting.
The final player on our special teams unit is return man Josh Cribbs. Like Dawson, Cribbs played on some bad teams but he was surely electric. He leads the franchise with 2,154 career punt return yards, as well as 10,015 yards on kickoff returns. He’s also first with 11 total returns for touchdowns.