Cleveland Browns: Three offseason fan types – which are you?
By Mike Lukas
We dig into the different types of Cleveland Browns fans and how they react to the offseason. Which camp do you fall into?
Now that all the smoke and some of the cap space has cleared after the player acquisition portion of the Cleveland Browns’ offseason, it might be a decent time to size up the ever-fluctuating bucket of Browns’ offseason hope.
You know the bucket.
It’s the one Browns fans do their sincere best to fill every offseason with anything that brings their win-challenged team even the slightest bit of hope. Fistfuls of what-if’s and could-be’s get tossed into this fragile pail and the total weight of it helps determine what type of ‘offseason Browns fan’ they’ll be most comfortable being.
Here’s a brief look at some of the sweet goodies that have gone into the Browns’ hope-bucket this offseason:
- The satisfaction achieved from the excellent free agency and draft pickups made by John Dorsey’s front office;
- The buzz from powerful old and new names like Tyrod Taylor, Baker Mayfield, Jarvis Landry, David Njoku, Damarious Randall, Nick Chubb, Antonio Callaway and all the others;
- The successful game strategies, insightful play calling and player development skills that new offensive coordinator Todd Haley brings with him;
- The endless potential of Gregg Williams’ newly beefed up defense;
- The encouragement and wise advice head coach Hue Jackson can bring now that he no longer has to micromanage the offense;
- The confidence that comes from finally having a playoff-proven quarterback and a seasoned back-up with a young franchise quarterback clip-boarding in the wings;
- The fact that the Browns start out 0-0 in 2018 just like every other team;
- And so on…
Sploosh, that’s a lot of team hope right there, Browns fans.