The “Biggest Surprise” award is perhaps the most humbling prize of the night. Coming from small beginnings, this player was the one who turned the most heads at camp. He made his name known throughout the course of camp and was always the one who no one expected to see the big highlight plays from.
More from Browns News
- How the Browns could maximize Nick Chubb in 2023
- Can Deshaun Watson get to Patrick Mahomes level for Cleveland Browns?
- 3 Cleveland Browns who should see an expanded role in 2023 and 1 who should not
- Is Marcus Davenport on the Browns radar in 2023?
- 5 Free agents from Super Bowl LVII Cleveland Browns should target
The nominees this year are linebacker Genard Avery, wide receiver Rashard Higgins, and defensive lineman Jamie Meder. This year’s award, once again, goes to Rashard Higgins.
Higgins became something of a spectacle throughout the course of training camp. Coming in as a relative non-factor to the Browns as a team, Higgins found his footing while catching passes from rookie Baker Mayfield, and quickly became the No. 1 overall pick’s favorite target throughout camp and the first preseason game.
Through one-handed catches, breakaway plays, clean route-running and massive highlight grabs, Higgins was able to make himself a true name among Browns fans waiting to finally see him break out.
Congratulations once again, Mr. Higgins, as you leave camp tonight with an award in each hand. Certainly, more greatness awaits you as you continue to grace the Cleveland Browns with your presence throughout the preseason and into the regular season.