San Francisco 49ers – Wide Receiver Pierre Garcon
The San Francisco 49ers are very similar to the Browns in how they have built their roster. They have built a strong foundation with young talent and subtly adding veterans to supplement that young talent.
More from Dawg Pound Daily
- How the Browns could maximize Nick Chubb in 2023
- Can Deshaun Watson get to Patrick Mahomes level for Cleveland Browns?
- 3 Cleveland Browns who should see an expanded role in 2023 and 1 who should not
- Is Marcus Davenport on the Browns radar in 2023?
- 5 Free agents from Super Bowl LVII Cleveland Browns should target
Because of that, the 49ers do not have many free agents that are going to be coveted by other organizations. One of their free agents that could get looks from around the league is wide receiver Pierre Garcon.
Garcon is on the downside of his career and has struggled to stay on the field the past two seasons. He played in only eight games last season, catching 24 passes for 286 yards and one touchdown. The 32-year-old missed games last season due to shoulder and knee injuries.
Garcon is no longer the receiver that he once was and is not going to be counted on as a go-to receiver. However, teams could have a much worse option as a depth piece than Garcon.
The Browns have a talented wide receiver room, but could look to add veteran depth to either push the younger talent in training camp or even be a mentor for the young receivers. For a one-year deal, the Browns should take a look at Garcon to add depth and provide Mayfield with an experienced veteran.