Top 5 Cleveland Browns playing their way into a new contract
It did not feel fair to put wide receiver Rashard Higgins or safety Damarious Randall on the list of players who have played their way into a new contract, because, well, they have not been available for much of the season to this point. Both of which, however, should get a new deal from the Browns and have been vital to the team’s growth and development over the past year and a half.
More from Dawg Pound Daily
- How the Browns could maximize Nick Chubb in 2023
- Can Deshaun Watson get to Patrick Mahomes level for Cleveland Browns?
- 3 Cleveland Browns who should see an expanded role in 2023 and 1 who should not
- Is Marcus Davenport on the Browns radar in 2023?
- 5 Free agents from Super Bowl LVII Cleveland Browns should target
In his first season with the team, Randall led the secondary to a dominant performance as the Browns were near the top of the league in turnovers a year ago. The problem, however, is that Randall wants to be paid as a top safety in the NFL after one year of playing the position, and negotiations have not been upbeat to this point as the amount would likely surpass $10 million annually.
Baker Mayfield’s favorite target Higgins has also not been available most of the season after missing time a year ago as well. Higgins’ availability is becoming an issue in Cleveland, and while he is a dependent target that can be relied upon to catch the football, can the Browns allocate three significant contracts at the wide receiver position?