Cleveland Browns vs. Seahawks: 5 matchups to decide outcome
5. Tre Flowers vs. Odell Beckham
Odell Beckham Jr. is going through one of, if not the toughest stretch of his NFL career. The Browns are struggling to find ways to get him involved in the passing game. They’ve gotten gimmicky with double reverse passes, running back type runs, and a forward pass triple option to get Beckham the ball, and it hasn’t worked very well.
More from Browns News
- How the Browns could maximize Nick Chubb in 2023
- Can Deshaun Watson get to Patrick Mahomes level for Cleveland Browns?
- 3 Cleveland Browns who should see an expanded role in 2023 and 1 who should not
- Is Marcus Davenport on the Browns radar in 2023?
- 5 Free agents from Super Bowl LVII Cleveland Browns should target
The Browns traded their 2019 first-round pick for Beckham and know they need him to thrive at some point this season to play their best brand of football. Growing pains were expected, but four receptions and 47-yards over the last two weeks seems more troublesome than growing pains.
The 49ers were down a cornerback and started an undrafted free agent alongside Richard Sherman, and the Browns couldn’t capitalize on that. Baker had his worse game as a pro going 8 for 22 for 100 yards and two interceptions.
The Seahawks will probably employ the same game plan as everyone else and bracket cover Odell. But if there is a bright side for the Browns, it is that Tre Flowers has been targeted in coverage 30 times and allowed 21 receptions (70 percent). If Mayfield and Beckham are going to find a grove, now is an excellent time to start.