5 Bold Cleveland Browns predictions after bye week
5. Baker Mayfield eclipses 35 touchdown passes
Mayfield is off to a horrendous start. Sure, he may not be solely to blame, but the numbers remain as an eye-sore for Browns fans. Through six games, Mayfield looks like a shell of himself and the accurate quarterback we’ve loved seeing on Sundays.
More from Dawg Pound Daily
- How the Browns could maximize Nick Chubb in 2023
- Can Deshaun Watson get to Patrick Mahomes level for Cleveland Browns?
- 3 Cleveland Browns who should see an expanded role in 2023 and 1 who should not
- Is Marcus Davenport on the Browns radar in 2023?
- 5 Free agents from Super Bowl LVII Cleveland Browns should target
Among quarterbacks with at least 198 pass attempts or five starts, Mayfield is tied with Josh Allen for the least amount of touchdown passes with five.
The worst part for Mayfield: the next three games he faces the number two, three, and four ranked passing defenses in the NFL. Mayfield will have his work cut out for him, but here’s why he’ll eclipse 35 touchdowns.
Last year his start was poor as well, but he managed to finish with 19 touchdowns through his final eight games, and 14 came after the bye week. Things haven’t been pretty, and the Browns will do everything they can to recapture the magic that allowed them to finish so strong in 2019. Mayfield hears the slander and said himself he plays best when he’s angry.
He’s angry now, and so are the rest of the Cleveland Browns. Mayfield will bounce back in a big way and finish the season with 30 touchdowns through the final 10 games.