5 Bold predictions for Cleveland Browns vs. Bengals Week 17
4. Andy Dalton Stays on a Hot Streak
Most people probably don’t think Andy Dalton will be back as the quarterback of the Bengals next season but there is no denying he played great last week against the Miami Dolphins.
He threw for 396 yards four touchdowns and no interceptions as he nearly led the Bengals to an amazing comeback victory by scoring two touchdowns in the final 33 seconds left in the game before ultimately losing by a field goal in overtime.
More from Browns News
- How the Browns could maximize Nick Chubb in 2023
- Can Deshaun Watson get to Patrick Mahomes level for Cleveland Browns?
- 3 Cleveland Browns who should see an expanded role in 2023 and 1 who should not
- Is Marcus Davenport on the Browns radar in 2023?
- 5 Free agents from Super Bowl LVII Cleveland Browns should target
But Dalton had nothing to feel bad about he did everything he could to lead them to a victory. He hasn’t been the reason why they’ve had a failed season, he has thrown 13 interceptions but some of them have hit receivers in the hands and his best receiver A.J. Green hasn’t played all year.
Dalton and Green likely won’t be back in Cincinnati next year which signals the end of an era for them.
So this may be Dalton’s last start in orange and black, he is a competitor and will want to put on a show for Bengal fans one last time. He also needs to put good tape out there for other teams.
If he can string together some of the magic he displayed last week they will have a chance to win the game. It will be hard to do behind his offensive line but stranger things have happened especially against the Browns.