Cleveland Browns: 5 Former Vikings Kevin Stefanski could add in free agency
4. Dakota Dozier or Rashod Hill, OL
The next one is a two-for-one as the Browns could look to add some offensive line depth and the Minnesota Vikings will have a few players hitting the open market. Two of those players that could be of interest are Dakota Dozier and Rashod Hill.
More from Browns News
- How the Browns could maximize Nick Chubb in 2023
- Can Deshaun Watson get to Patrick Mahomes level for Cleveland Browns?
- 3 Cleveland Browns who should see an expanded role in 2023 and 1 who should not
- Is Marcus Davenport on the Browns radar in 2023?
- 5 Free agents from Super Bowl LVII Cleveland Browns should target
What makes each player intriguing for the Browns is that each of them can play tackle and guard. Hill was undrafted out of Southern Miss in 2016 and has turned into a decent swing tackle.
He started 16 games in his career and has been able to hold his own. He’s also versatile enough to move inside if needed, but he would likely have a better shot at making an impact at tackle given the Browns lack of depth there.
As for Dozier, he was selected by the New York Jets in the fourth round of the 2014 NFL Draft out of Furman. Primarily a guard, he did play some tackle for the Jets before joining the Minnesota Vikings in 2019. He spent just one season with the Vikings and started four games for them.
For Cleveland, either player would be there for competition purposes. Neither would be a long-term answer but given the problems they have had in protection, it would be smart to at least bring in some players who understand what Stefanski will be teaching. Any advantage will help as they can use a lot of changes to that line.