Top 3 Free Agents for Cleveland Browns since 1999
No. 2: J.C. Tretter, Center
The Browns signed J.C. Tretter to a three-year, $16.75 million contract in 2017 and that was one of the best deals this club has ever made. Tretter as an above average center in this league and has been Mr. Reliable ever since he stepped foot in Berea.
More from Dawg Pound Daily
- How the Browns could maximize Nick Chubb in 2023
- Can Deshaun Watson get to Patrick Mahomes level for Cleveland Browns?
- 3 Cleveland Browns who should see an expanded role in 2023 and 1 who should not
- Is Marcus Davenport on the Browns radar in 2023?
- 5 Free agents from Super Bowl LVII Cleveland Browns should target
After playing in three seasons for the Green Bay Packers, the Browns front office team of Paul DePodesta and Sashi Brown added Tretter to play center in the offseason of 2017. Aside from drafting Myles Garrett, that may have been their best move as a front office.
An excelled locker room presence, Tretter has started in all 48 games for the Browns over the course of the last three seasons. He earned a three-year, $32.5 contract extension with former GM John Dorsey in November of 2019.
Tretter has only had four holding call go against him in his time thus far in Cleveland and he has played in 3,201 offensive snaps. Recently, Tretter has been named President of the NFLPA as he seems to have the esteem and respect of his peers.