No. 2: Derrick Brown DT, Auburn
Derrick Brown is a force to be wrecking with at the defensive tackle position. By drafting Brown and creating a four-man rotation at defensive tackle with Sheldon Richardson, Larry Ogunjobi and Andrew Billings, the Browns would possess a very deep and talented defensive line unit.
More from Browns Draft
- Browns mock draft: Mazi Smith headlines 2023 class
- One and Done: First year Browns players that didn’t earn a second season
- 3 Michigan Wolverines Cleveland Browns could draft
- 3 positions the Cleveland Browns must draft in 2023
- 2023 draft class suits Browns needs at wide receiver
This move would also likely be a foreshadowing into the future about the possibility of Richardson and or Ogunjobi being gone after next season.
But Derrick Brown simply is one of the best players in this draft as he has proven to have the ability to rush the passer to go along with stoutness against the run.
Brown had a strong senior season for Auburn with 54 tackles, 11.5 tackles for a loss, four sacks and two forced fumbles.
Matt Miller of Bleacher Report really likes what he see’s out of Brown:
"“He is one of the best players in the 2020 draft class. A big man at 6’5″, 320 pounds, he also has amazing quickness and a nimbleness that you don’t expect from a mammoth his size.” –Matt Miller, Bleacher Report"