3. Everson Griffen, EDGE
While this may not seem like a very appealing choice to many, Everson Griffen is a name that is still out there who could be a very cheap veteran option for the Browns if he stays available much longer.
More from Browns News
- How the Browns could maximize Nick Chubb in 2023
- Can Deshaun Watson get to Patrick Mahomes level for Cleveland Browns?
- 3 Cleveland Browns who should see an expanded role in 2023 and 1 who should not
- Is Marcus Davenport on the Browns radar in 2023?
- 5 Free agents from Super Bowl LVII Cleveland Browns should target
Griffen has ties with new Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski, but that is not the only thing making him a possible target to suit up in brown and orange next year.
This is the first time in his career that Griffen will hit the open market, as he signed two extensions early in his career with the Vikings. Griffen has been in the league since 2010 and has appeared in at least 10 games in every season of his career.
Last year, Griffen recorded 41 combined tackles with eight sacks and one interception. Most Browns fans would rather target Jadeveon Clowney with the amount of money they have left, but keep in mind they are going to have to pay their cornerstone pieces big-time money here soon, so Griffen would be a much lower player in terms of risk as well as money.
Being as old as Griffen is, when you have a veteran guy like that who can still produce very solid numbers with not much help, one can only imagine what he would be able to do with guys like Myles Garrett taking tons of pressure off of him.