Kevin Johnson 6-0, 185lbs 6th Year as Pro
Kevin Johnson is one of the many newcomers brought in by new GM Andrew Berry. He previously played for the Buffalo Bills but was originally drafted in the first round of the 2015 draft by the Houston Texans. This season will be his 6th as a pro and he’s coming off one of his better seasons.
More from Browns News
- How the Browns could maximize Nick Chubb in 2023
- Can Deshaun Watson get to Patrick Mahomes level for Cleveland Browns?
- 3 Cleveland Browns who should see an expanded role in 2023 and 1 who should not
- Is Marcus Davenport on the Browns radar in 2023?
- 5 Free agents from Super Bowl LVII Cleveland Browns should target
One interesting stat that pops out is that he only has one interception in his entire career which was in his first season. Since then he hasn’t forced a turnover in over five seasons.
Johnson has been brought in to be more of a slot and nickel corner, however. Last season in he allowed a 59 percent completion percentage on passes thrown his way and didn’t give up a passing touchdown to a player he covered all year playing in all 16 games.
Johnson should be a nice veteran presence in the DB room, he brings experience to a young DB core and adds depth in case of injuries.
Overall, Johnson should see playing time throughout the year but it’s hard to say how much impact he’ll make as he’ll probably be the 4th corner on the depth chart coming to September.