Browns vs Steelers Fan: Tactic #2 – the Big Ben Beatdown
Steelers fans won’t admit it, but they’re nervous and insecure about the fact that their quarterback “Big” Ben Roethlisberger is almost 40-years old and coming off elbow surgery on his throwing arm. So, heighten those nerves with a few of these old-school zingers:
More from Dawg Pound Daily
- How the Browns could maximize Nick Chubb in 2023
- Can Deshaun Watson get to Patrick Mahomes level for Cleveland Browns?
- 3 Cleveland Browns who should see an expanded role in 2023 and 1 who should not
- Is Marcus Davenport on the Browns radar in 2023?
- 5 Free agents from Super Bowl LVII Cleveland Browns should target
- On a scale of one to 10, how comfortable are you with a QB older than the movie Tootsie?
- Did the math – your QB is five years older than Thomas Jefferson was when he wrote the Declaration of Independence…
- Glad our QB’s arm is still on its original warranty…
- You nervous your QB’s knee ligaments are the same age as the Thriller album?
- Do you think your QB will dedicate this season to his grandchildren?
At that point, the Steelers fan will immediately blurt out, “What? Roethlisberger doesn’t have any grandchildren.”
To which you quickly reply, “Heh, that he knows of,” and then high-five whoever’s standing next to you.
Browns vs Steelers Fan: Tactic #3 – Numbers Don’t Lie
Remember, (for now) a Browns fan can’t win the “more Super Bowls” argument with a Steelers fan, so make sure to avoid that by continuously redirecting back to the NOW.
An effective way to do this is by rattling off some favorable 2019 Browns stats you’ve memorized and rehearsed earlier in front of your Bernie Kosar mirror:
- Did you know that last season the Steelers’ rushing attack ranked 28th in the league?
- And only one team had a worse passing attack than Pittsburgh?
- Here’s an interesting fact – the Steelers’ best RB was ranked 43rd most productive in the league last season, while the Browns’ best RB ranked 2nd.
- The Steelers’ best receiver in 2019 was the 48th most productive, the Browns’ was 10th.
No pauses, and before they can counter with the Steelers’ league-leading sack total, throw in…