5. Jedrick Wills becomes the best lineman from the start
Jedrick Wills played right tackle at Alabama but is expected to switch sides in the NFL. Cleveland needed both a right and left tackle after struggling last season with Greg Robinson and Chris Hubbard and found two new starters in Wills and former Tennessee Titans lineman Jack Conklin.
More from Browns News
- How the Browns could maximize Nick Chubb in 2023
- Can Deshaun Watson get to Patrick Mahomes level for Cleveland Browns?
- 3 Cleveland Browns who should see an expanded role in 2023 and 1 who should not
- Is Marcus Davenport on the Browns radar in 2023?
- 5 Free agents from Super Bowl LVII Cleveland Browns should target
There’s hardly any doubt that Wills is going to start right away as a rookie and there are even fewer doubts that he will be successful in the NFL. Wills has incredibly quick feet, especially when you consider he stands in at 6-foot-4 and 312-pounds. He also has a great punch that keeps opposing defensive linemen off balance.
Predicting him to be the starter from day one isn’t much of a bold prediction since it seems to be a rather sure thing. However, predicting him to be the best offensive lineman for Cleveland right away is.
The Browns line still isn’t exactly the cream of the crop in the NFL but they have some solid players in Joel Bitonio, J.C. Tretter, and the recently signed Conklin.
However, with his strength, athleticism, and high football IQ, it wouldn’t be surprising to not just see Wills excel as a rookie but also to be the best of the team’s starting five.
Andrew Berry’s first selection will end up making him look very wise and it’s not going to take long for that to happen.