The Cleveland Browns and St. Louis Rams face off in the all important 3rd Pre-Season game tonight in Cleveland. We will be bringing you takeaways a little different than last week. We will give you summary statements with specific plays to back that up. Tonight you can expect 1st and 2nd quarter takeaways and Sunday morning you can expect 2nd half takeaways. Lets take a look at Browns VS. Rams.
- Surprisingly Joe Thomas gives up easy pressure on the outside to Robert Quinn for a sack.
- Terrance West lets ball drop in front of him instead of continuing up the field.
- Give up draw to Dion Lewis leads to a punt.
- Fans boo offense coming off the field from 3 and out.
- Good run, bad run leads to a third down.
- Andrew Hawkins runs clean route to get the first. First for the game with 8 minutes left in the 2nd quarter.
- Next play Brian Hoyer totally misses Alec Ogletree and throws it right to him on an INT.
- Starred down receiver.
- Big return by Marlon Moore, on a short kickoff, gives Hoyer and the offense the ball near midfield.
- Nice run by Terrance West brought back by 2nd holding call on rookie Joel Bitonio.
- 3rd down throw a bit behind Miles Austin but should of been caught. Run after would of been close to a first.
- Another huge return, this one by Taylor Gabriel, gives Browns the ball at the 38 and a chance to score close to the 2 minute warning.
- Short, quality run to the outside by Terrance West gets a first down out of the 2 minute warning.
- No throws down the field keeps everything bottled up.
- Couple short passes leads to first and goal. Hoyer not going through progressions but working so far.
- Andrew Hawkins continues to be the player who can create space with his quick moves. TD pass. 20 – 7 Rams.
- Huge hole on audible by Shaun Hill leads to a big run on 3rd and 2.
- Pressure from Phil Taylor and Paul Kruger keeps Hill from getting the ball into the endzone.
- Justin Gilbert recovers to help, along with the ground, break up a touchdown pass.
- Another long drive stalls due to the Browns defense. Field goal is good. 6-0 Rams lead.
- Run defense continues to be solid, John Hughes cuts down back from behind.
- Perfectly timed blitz up the middle leads to sack to force a punt.
- Rams beat themselves after good return on INT. Dropped pass and 2 penalties lead to 2nd and 25.
- Another long 3rd down converted in the passing game. Justin Gilbert beat in coverage and no pressure.
- Easy drive, easy pass for a touchdown in front of Gilbert and Donte Whitner.
- Lack of pressure again on TD pass. Rams 13-0 lead.
- Missed tackle by Justin Gilbert on 3rd and 2 leads to a 75 yard touchdown pass as Donte Whitner can’t catch Rams receiver Chris Givens.
Neither the offense nor the defense looked good again in the 2nd quarter. Touchdown comes after big return by Gabriel gave them great field position. Good 2 minutes drill led to the TD.
What are you taking away from the 2nd quarter?
Reminder we will have 2nd half takeaways for you in the morning.