Chud Press Conference Notes
Oct 13, 2013; Cleveland, OH, USA; Cleveland Browns head coach Rob Chudzinski challenges a call against the Detroit Lions during the fourth quarter at FirstEnergy Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Ron Schwane-USA TODAY Sports
Browns head coach Rob Chudzinski had a lot to discuss in his press conference, but most of it surrounded the same topic; quarterback.
– Chud said that Brandon Weeden needs to eliminate ‘critical mistakes’ but is doing some good things. There will be no change at quarterback this week.
– Specifically regarding the backhanded flip pass, “We don’t ever want to flip a ball like that. … take the sack if you have to.”
– When asked specifically about Jason Campbell, Chud said there is nothing block that, but it was just one game. Chud felt Weeden made plays in game to beat Buffalo. (Campbell sucks too)
– They are looking at all options when it comes to a third quarterback
– Chud is hoping to have Jabaal Sheard back this week and deepen the outside linebacker rotation.
– Chud said the Browns are sending the video of Quentin Groves personal foul penalty to the league.
– Dismissed the idea of just sitting on the football. He emphasized they need to be able to run and pass the ball. (Most fans would settle for being able to do one of them at this point)
– Chud felt the offensive line played its most physical game of the season against the Lions