Roster Moves: Browns Cut First Their First LB of the Day
The hits just keep on coming, as expected, as the Cleveland Browns make roster moves to get down to 53 men. This time the Browns cut another player that many, including us, expected to make the roster, Justin Staples.
More from Browns News
- Cleveland Browns critics continue to misplace their judgement
- 3 Cleveland Browns players who don’t deserve another season in 2023
- How the Browns could maximize Nick Chubb in 2023
- Can Deshaun Watson get to Patrick Mahomes level for Cleveland Browns?
- 3 Cleveland Browns who should see an expanded role in 2023 and 1 who should not
Staples always seemed to be in the right place at the right time for Mike Pettine’s defense. Yet the Browns have good depth at linebacker as well allowing them to cut players that are expected to make the team. Staples cut could mean that Zac Diles and/or Jamaal Westerman make the roster.
The Browns still have a ways to go to get down to 53. In the end whoever is on the 53 man at the end of the day today is not likely to be the same when the Browns open up against the Steelers. A few players have been cut or waived today that could interest the team.
DPD will keep you up to date with individuals who are cut. Staples was on our list of 53 players we expected, as was Dion Lewis and Nate Burleson. That means 3 other players will have a chance to continue to live their dream.
Any surprise about Staples?