Browns Vs. Ravens: Takeaways from 2nd Quarter of Similarities
The Cleveland Browns face off with the Baltimore Ravens. We will give you takeaways from each quarter. A huge game for both teams. A win for the Browns sends them into the Bye Week on a roll.
Here are our takeaways, both the obvious and then the less obvious, from the 2nd Quarter of Browns Vs. Ravens:
- Browns inch close out of 1st and 30 but can’t make it and punt.
- Running on 3rd and 3, after long pass from Brian Hoyer to Miles Austin, may have worked.
- No one open and Hoyer has to scramble for a yard.
- Punt goes into endzone, Browns only gain 25 yards.
- Huge long run by Lorenzo Taliaferro puts the Ravens past the 50 yard line.
- Donte Whitner saves a TD but backpedals instead of attacking the runner.
- Run defense not holding the Ravens as Ravens run from the 20 to the 20 on their 1st second quarter drive.
- Change in scheme may be necessary. Currently inviting Ravens to run.
- Swing pass to fullback for a touchdown was wide open.
- Ravens had run 9 straight times leading to the fullback being open.
- Johnny Manziel gets one snap then trick play works huge with Manziel as a receiver.
- Brilliant play call called back due to Terrance West not being set.
- Offense stalls and has to punt.
- When Manziel plays work they are great, when they don’t the offense struggles to find rhythm.
- Dennis Pitta catches a well setup screen pass falls down without contact.
- Pitta huge part of passing game. Momentum was all on Ravens side.
- Pitta carted off the field after being strapped to a board. Not a great sign.
- First play after injury, Steve Smith with a huge first down.
- Pick play with Torrey Smith gives the Ravens a chance to score as half gets close to the end.
- Pressure up the middle causes Joe Flacco to drop the ball running back.
- Craig Robertson, like Karlos Dansby last week, blitzed hard up the middle blowing up the play.
- Ravens forced to punt after short dump off on third down.
- Like Dansby’s last week, Robertson’s pressure key to keeping points off the board.
- Ravens 10 Browns 7
What are your thoughts going into halftime?