Browns Vs Steelers: Big 2nd Quarter Plays
The Cleveland Browns face off with the Pittsburgh Steelers today in a huge game for the AFC North. The home team Browns could draw themselves directly into the conversation for the Division with a win today.
Here are the big plays for the 2nd quarter for Browns Vs Steelers:
- Browns hold on 3rd down again in the redzone.
- Bad snap/hold combo lead to a missed field goal attempt.
- On Third Down Brian Hoyer hits Miles Austin on a big 17 yard pickup.
- Austin shows great hands pulling in ball that was a bit behind him.
- Great play action pass leads to a wide open Jordan Cameron.
- Play design with 3 tight ends setup the big play.
- Rookie Isaiah Crowell runs hard on next play for a TOUCHDOWN!
- Crowell is purposeful with all of his moves.
- Browns 7 – Steelers 3
- Next Steelers possession is a 3 and out.
- Fans make things tough on Ben Roethlisberger to make calls.
- On third and 2 Hoyer finds Cameron for a 51 yard touchdown.
- Play fake and protection were good but Hoyer laid pass in perfectly.
- Browns 14 – Steelers 3!
- Kyle Shanahan calling a great game after first two possessions.
- Browns defense again hold Steelers forcing a punt.
- Steelers throw on 3rd and 1, even though Browns only have 2 defensive linemen on the field.
- Steelers fans very concerned about Todd Hailey’s offense.
- Browns cross midfield on run and pass.
- Alex Mack goes down on short run play.
- Mack carted off. John Greco to center and Paul McQuistan in at right guard.
- Mack’s ankle in brace immediately by trainers.
- Browns players surround Mack to support him on the way off on the cart.
- First play off Mack injury, Crowell outside run for a first.
- Browns showing confidence in Greco and McQuistan is a great sign.
- On another run Hoyer makes a block to help get Crowell back to line on a fumbled exchange.
- Ben Tate picked his way through the line for a easy touchdown.
- Blocking by the line is still great.
- Browns 21 – Steelers 3
- At 2 minute warning Steelers looking to try to put up points.
- At the 35 with only 1 timeout.
- Browns get ball after the half.
- Defense holds, stopping a screen pass forcing the punt.
- Tackling Bell out of bounds stops the clock.
- Offense unable to take advantage and forced to punt with 34 seconds.
- Two dropped passes forced the punt.
- Steelers come out firing passes down the field.
- Steelers get near the redzone on last pass as time expires.
- Browns lead 21 to 3 going into the half and get the ball.
The Browns offense found a way to make things happen. The Steelers defense was on its heels the whole quarter. The Steelers offense was conservative and didn’t make adjustments needed. Steelers’ advantage is in the run game but being down could take that away. The Browns will run the ball and use play action to continue to play through their strength. Getting the ball after half could decide the game if the Browns score a TD.
What surprised you the most this quarter?