Browns: Reasons for Optimism Today & Prediction
We covered earlier this morning Four Reasons for Concern for today’s Cleveland Browns game against the Jacksonville Jaguars. Now we look at some quick reasons to be optimistic as well as give you a prediction for the game at the end.
More from Dawg Pound Daily
- Cleveland Browns critics continue to misplace their judgement
- 3 Cleveland Browns players who don’t deserve another season in 2023
- How the Browns could maximize Nick Chubb in 2023
- Can Deshaun Watson get to Patrick Mahomes level for Cleveland Browns?
- 3 Cleveland Browns who should see an expanded role in 2023 and 1 who should not
- The Jaguars are winless.
- The weather is suppose to be perfect, helping both the run and pass game.
- The Browns are 3rd in the league in rushing yards.
- The Jaguars defense is 30th in the league in giving up passing yards.
- Even though the Browns are 30th against the run, the Jaguars are last in rushing offense.
- Blake Bortles is a rookie.
- Brian Hoyer is playing like Tom Brady, the early years.
- Jordan Cameron and Barkevious Mingo are getting their shoulders healthy.
- The Browns defensive line wasn’t playing great, so the new starters and backups could surprise.
- The Browns believe in themselves and the coaching staff, they are all in.
- Kyle Shanahan has been calling great games.
- Mike Pettine won’t let the Browns get too high on themselves.
- Terrance West had a wake up call in being deactivated last week.
- The offensive line, even without Alex Mack, is skilled and well coached.
- The Browns, and their coaches, learned some lessons from facing Jake Locker in how to contain a mobile QB.
Prediction: Browns 21 – Jaguars 17
Why are you optimistic? What is your prediction?