Browns Vs Bills: 1st Quarter Notes of Importance
The Cleveland Browns take on the Buffalo Bills today in a game that could have a big impact on the AFC Playoff Race. Both the Browns and the Bills are in the hunt for the Wild Card, while the Browns also are right in the AFC North race, where every team is 7 – 4 or better. Today’s game promises to be an interesting one.
For Browns Vs Bills here are our 1st Quarter Notes of Importance:
- First Brian Hoyer pass complete to Miles Austin for a first down.
- Pretty traditional Austin square in route leads to a first.
- Browns get Bills off the field quickly.
- Billy Winn knocks ball down at the line of scrimmage.
- Only one run by the Bills.
- Punt goes out of bounds at the 5 yard line, bad field position for Browns second drive.
- Three penalties in two plays create hectic start to drive.
- Bills encroachment and unsportsmanlike penalty help Browns.
- Next play Josh Gordon gets a 12 yard gain then a unsportsmanlike penalty of his own.
- Browns cross mid-field quickly after penalty.
- Run/pass combination play calling working well on the drive.
- Browns press into redzone with big crossing route by Gordon.
- Terrance West fumbles ball on ensuing play. Recovered by Bills in endzone.
- Play to be reviewed, West may have been down.
- Fumble reversed. Browns ball 2nd and goal at the 7 yard line.
- Isaiah Crowell with a run up the middle on next play.
- Center Nick McDonald down on the play.
- Ryan Seymour in at center, thankful it is not Paul McQuistan
- Hoyer misses Austin high in endzone.
- Field Goal is Good.
- Browns 3 Bills 0
- Most plays and longest drive of the season for the Browns.
- Makeshift Browns defense forces another Bills punt.
- Only first down this series comes on Joe Haden penalty.
- Travis Benjamin tries to slow play a return, then falls quickly.
More from Dawg Pound Daily
- Cleveland Browns critics continue to misplace their judgement
- 3 Cleveland Browns players who don’t deserve another season in 2023
- How the Browns could maximize Nick Chubb in 2023
- Can Deshaun Watson get to Patrick Mahomes level for Cleveland Browns?
- 3 Cleveland Browns who should see an expanded role in 2023 and 1 who should not
- Three and out and punt give Bills good field position.
- MarQueis Gray, former Brown, with a big 30 yard pickup getting close to the redzone.
- Bills threatening as 1st Quarter comes to an end.
The Browns take the lead with a solid long drive that leads to a field goal. A very tight game, with penalties a plenty, could come down to the end. The Browns look more talented today but inability to get 7 points on long drive hurts. Wind does not seem to be impacting play yet. Kyle Orton hasn’t been asked to do much.
What are your takeaways from teh 1st Quarter of Browns Vs Billse