Browns Vs Colts: 1st Quarter Play Analysis
The Cleveland Browns take on the Indianapolis Colts today in a must win kind of game for the home team. The Browns face off with the great Andrew Luck led Colts offense and hope to take advantage of the D’Qwell Jackson led Colts defense.
Here are our quarter by quarter takeaways for Browns Vs Colts:
- Travis Benjamin with a big return to the 40 yard line.
- Penalty on Pierre Desir brings back the Browns to the 15 yard line.
- Brian Hoyer unable to hit Josh Gordon on 3rd down play forces Browns punt.
- Lack of continuity with Gordon continues.
- Two Trent Richardson runs get 5 yards, total.
- Incomplete pass on 3rd down forces punt.
- Surprised the Colts go 3 and out.
- Bad punt gives Browns ball at the 45 yard line.
- Protection for Hoyer is not good so far.
- Colts penalty saved the play but Hoyer blown up quick by blitzing linebacker.
- Then overthrows Andrew Hawkins, who was tightly covered.
- Wastes great field position.
- Touchback on punt.
- Browns force another 3 and out on Luck and the Colts.
- Pressure by Barkevious Mingo has been constant so far this game.
- Big return by Benjamin again.
- Browns get ball near 50 yard line again.
- Have to take advantage here.
- Perfect throw by Hoyer to Cameron, led him over the shoulder gets it down close to the redzone.
- Opens up the offense as Isaiah Crowell hits a big gain up the middle.
- Hoyer stays on Cameron in the endzone, forces throw. INT.
- Gordon was open coming from right to left but Hoyer didn’t follow progressions.
- Colts get their first 1st down but Browns shut them down quickly after that.
- K’waun Williams breaks up pass to Reggie Wayne.
- Defense is playing lights out.
- Punt return to the 30 yard line.
- Browns go 3 and out again.
- Protection wasn’t bad.
- No receivers open.
- Hoyer uncomfortable, has to throw it away.
- Pressure on top of pressure by Browns defense causes problems for Andrew Luck.
- Big hit by Desmond Bryant and Paul Kruger lead to a fumble.
- Craig Robertson recovers the fumble in the endzone. Touchdown!
- Browns 7 Colts 0
- Browns force another 3 and out as the 1st quarter comes to an end.
- Reggie Wayne drop huge for Browns, easy catch for a 1st that he just dropped.
More from Dawg Pound Daily
- Cleveland Browns critics continue to misplace their judgement
- 3 Cleveland Browns players who don’t deserve another season in 2023
- How the Browns could maximize Nick Chubb in 2023
- Can Deshaun Watson get to Patrick Mahomes level for Cleveland Browns?
- 3 Cleveland Browns who should see an expanded role in 2023 and 1 who should not
An amazing defensive effort by the Browns in the 1st quarter. The Colts tend to start slow but the pressure that the defense is getting on Andrew Luck is huge. Colts have a total of 22 yards. Browns 67. Brian Hoyer has struggled but the Browns defense has given him some time to get things together. The Browns should be receiving a punt when the 2nd quarter starts.
Connect with Dawg Pound Daily
What important takeaways did you have for Browns Vs Colts?