- Cleveland Browns have done their part for city’s anguish – The NBA Finals tipped off on Thursday night, and with the Cleveland Cavaliers making the second appearance in franchise history, it is time for the national media to remind Cleveland just where it stands on the sports landscape. And the Cleveland Browns have done more than enough to add to the fans’ agita.
- Browns trade for punter Andy Lee – The Browns sent a future seventh-round draft pick to San Francisco on Saturday for three-time Pro Bowl punter Andy Lee.
- Browns-Bill joint practices add spice to schedule – The Cleveland Browns will hold a pair of joint practice sessions with the Buffalo Bills this summer, adding a little bit of spice to what is often an otherwise dull time of the year.
- Browns need to make deal for Eli Manning (Factory of Sadness) – Could the Cleveland Browns consider going after Giants’ quarterback Eli Manning after the season?
- Steelers secondary must gel quickly (Still Curtain) – The Steelers secondary has undergone a lot of change in the off season. Even though it was necessary, those players do not have the luxury of a slow start.
- Is Crockett Gillmore headed for a blocking tight end role? (Ebony Bird) – Pretty much everyone is assuming that sophomore tight end Crockett Gillmore will snag the Ravens’ starting job for this coming season. But is it time to crown Gillmore a starter yet?
- Is Mike Nugent the right kicker for the Bengals? (Stripe Hype) – Although the Bengals have steadfastly stood by Mike Nugent despite struggling at times, is he really the kicker who Cincinnati can rely upon, as his moments to shine only get tougher?
- Indians option Lonnie Chisenhall to Columbus (Wahoo’s on First) – The Cleveland Indians have finally seen enough of Lonnie Chisenhall in the everyday lineup, as the team has optioned him to Triple-A Columbus, just a day after doing the same to struggling shortstop Jose Ramirez. Speaking of which …
- What does the Ramirez demotion mean for the Tribe? (Wahoo’s on First) – The Tribe sent Ramirez on the Columbus shuttle and recalled Zach Walters.
- Joe Tait reflects on retirement (NEOMG) – The NBA really broke former Cavs’ announcer during his final years with the team.
- Why the Tribe should trade for Carlos Gomez (Factory of Sadness) – The Milwaukee Brewers are sinking slowly in the National League Central and may be willing to trade Carlos Gomez–a power hitting, right-handed batter!
- 46 final thoughts on Cavs’ first NBA Finals win (Ohio.com) – Forty-six thoughts for the 46 years Cavs’ fans have waited for an NBA Finals victory, a 95-93 overtime thriller in Game 2 against the Golden State Warriors.
- Steph Curry has no answer for Matthew Dellavedova (Factory of Sadness) – MVP Steph Curry was 5-of-23 shooting and 2-of-15 on 3-pointers in Game 2. When he exclusively guarded by Matthew Dellavedova, Curry was even worse.
What are your thoughts on the Daily Dawg Tags? What would you like to see more (or less) of?