Cleveland Browns: 5 possible trade targets
By Randy Gurzi
4. Dez Bryant, WR, Dallas Cowboys
Here’s a guy that isn’t as available as Foles, but maybe he is. Dez Bryant was a huge star for the Dallas Cowboys from 2012-2014. He dominated the league at that time and was in the discussion for the best wide out in the NFL. He was even rewarded with a new contract after that as Dallas gave him a five-year $70 million deal.
More from Browns News
- Cleveland Browns critics continue to misplace their judgement
- 3 Cleveland Browns players who don’t deserve another season in 2023
- How the Browns could maximize Nick Chubb in 2023
- Can Deshaun Watson get to Patrick Mahomes level for Cleveland Browns?
- 3 Cleveland Browns who should see an expanded role in 2023 and 1 who should not
Since then, he’s been nothing like he was. While Bryant has shown some flashes, he’s been dealing with injuries and ineffectiveness.
A big part of the problem has been injuries and another is the way he and quarterback Dak Prescott can’t get on the same page.
With a $16.5 million hit against the cap, the rumor is Dallas wants him to take a cut in pay, but Bryant has said there’s no way. He’s also had some choice words for the people who don’t believe in him. Even still, it doesn’t seem like he’s going to finish his career in Big D.
Maybe the Browns could offer him a safe landing spot. Bryant would be able to keep his money, and Cleveland would have a guy looking to prove that the past few seasons were just a product of a bad situation.