Hey Browns fans, it’s time to throw our hat in the ring for FanSided’s Sports Fan of the Year and prove who the best fans in football really are.
That’s right, FanSided is searching for the most passionate sports fan in the country for our third annual Sports Fan of the Year contest. If you can convince us you are the best of the best at rooting for the best of the best, well, you’ll be handsomely rewarded.
We can’t offer you rings — no, there are some things only professional sports achievement can provide for you — but what we can offer the 2018 Sports Fan of the Year is pretty sweet.
Here is what this year’s grand prize winner gets:
- 2 tickets to the Sports Illustrated Sportsperson of the Year event in December
- Roundtrip airfare for you and a guest to the major city hosting the event (think NYC or L.A. still TBA)
- A three-night stay with food and travel vouchers
- Your own freaking bobblehead
- A one-year subscription to Fubo.tv
- A $100 gift card to Fantatics.com
- A $100 gift card to the FanSided Swag Store
At the Sports Illustrated Sportsperson of the Year ceremony you’ll get the chance to rub elbows and take surreptitious selfies with the likes of LeBron James, Peyton Manning and “Big Papi” David Ortiz. Last year, Beyonce was there. Just saying.
Don’t believe us? Ask 2016 winner Dave Edlund if he had a good time:
Dave also got interviewed on SI Now and received a pretty sweet trophy.
Now, you know you’re the best fan out there. (Or, alternatively, you know someone who is.) But how do you convince us?
Step One: Go to the Fan of the Year homepage.
Step Three: Enter your contact information. (Name, phone, email, etc.) You’ve got this.
Step Four: Convince us.
We need you to submit 200-words or a two-minute video explaining why you’re the Fan of the Year.
- BE CREATIVE! You want your entry to stand out from the crowd.
- Tell us about how you’ve attended every game for the past 25 years. Tell us how you have a lucky jersey and it’s absolutely unbeaten.
- Tell us how you have to excuse yourself from family functions because you can’t watch games in public spaces.
- We want to know!
There are, of course, rules — no duplicate entries, no profane or pornographic content — and regulations — legal residents of the 50 U.S. states; 18 years and older — but the most important for you, dear fan, is the deadline.
Application window closes at midnight on Wednesday, October 10.
So what are you waiting for? You have a title to win!