Thursday Night Football: 2nd Quarter Thoughts
On Thursday Night Football the Cleveland Browns face off with the Cincinnati Bengals. The winner of the game will sit atop the AFC North. Both teams are missing a ton of starters which could lead to a sloppy game. The weather won’t help the quality of play either.
Here are our quarterly thoughts for Thursday Night Football:
- Browns open the 2nd quarter with a 1st down at the 30 yard line.
- With the wind no field goal is easy tonight, got to get at least 10 more yards for comfort.
- Travis Benjamin with a great snag across the middle.
- Run after gets the ball inside the 10.
- Isaiah Crowell gets two straight carries.
- Crow hits the hole hard.
- Touchdown Browns.
- Browns 14 Bengals 3
- After kickoff return Eric Martin‘s 15 yard penalty gives Bengals ball at 36.
- Taunted Bengals sideline according to ref.
- Jeremy Hill breaks a run but Tashaun Gipson forces fumble.
- Joe Haden caught the fumble in the air.
- Browns ball at their own 28 yard line.
- First play Brian Hoyer goes deep to Travis Benjamin.
- Ball under-thrown and broken up.
- Browns can’t capitalize on turnover.
- Browns punt gives ball back to Bengals inside their 30.
- After a first down pass gives the Bengals 2nd and short the Browns stuff the run.
- Cedric Peerman runs backwards leads to 3rd and 5.
- K’Wan Williams breaks up 3rd down pass to Mohamed Sanu.
- Williams with a perfectly timed jump to knock the pass out of Sanu’s hands on a comeback route.
- On 3rd and 8 Hoyer hits Taylor Gabriel for a first down.
- Hoyer places ball where only his receiver can get it.
- Gabriel does a great job getting down to get it.
- Another double play action pass leads to another first down.
- Another rope thrown by Hoyer to Gary Barnidge.
- Browns offense marching down the field.
- Kyle Shanahan is calling a great game keeping Bengals off balance.
- 3rd and 5 wide receiver screen is snuffed out.
- Gary Barnidge can’t get out on the block quick enough to block the DB.
- FG is good. Ball moved a ton on a short attempt.
- Browns 17 Bengals 3
- 3:59 left in the half.
More from Dawg Pound Daily
- Cleveland Browns critics continue to misplace their judgement
- 3 Cleveland Browns players who don’t deserve another season in 2023
- How the Browns could maximize Nick Chubb in 2023
- Can Deshaun Watson get to Patrick Mahomes level for Cleveland Browns?
- 3 Cleveland Browns who should see an expanded role in 2023 and 1 who should not
- Browns defense holds, 3 and out.
- Defenders are flying all over the place.
- Bengals with 3 plays to their fullback on the drive.
- Punt return from Jim Leonhard only to the 21 but he doesn’t fumble.
- Browns get ball after half.
- Browns get to midfield but can’t get a first.
- Ball floated on Hoyer on an out route.
- Bengals get the ball near the 20 yard line.
- 1:03 left
- Bengals have 1 timeout.
- Browns force a 3 and out to lead to a punt.
- A.J. Green gets frustrated with Andy Dalton.
- Touchback on the punt to run out the clock.
- Browns 17 Bengals 3
The Browns dominated the quarter with 10 more points. The offensive and defensive lines have continued to push around the Bengals lines. The Browns get the ball after half. The defense has made it very difficult on Andy Dalton. Jeremy Hill has been benched since his fumble. The Bengals likely need to get him back involved as their offense has struggled for most of the game. The Browns need to continue with what they are doing. It is working. Season changing second half coming our way.
What are your thoughts for this 2nd quarter?