Cleveland Browns: Three players to target in draft day trades
By Randy Gurzi
2. Mychal Kendricks, linebacker, Philadelphia Eagles
Another player who could be on the market — for some reason — is Mychal Kendricks. The Philadelphia Eagles linebacker has been on the outs for a couple seasons now as it seems the team is desperate to trade him off.
More from Dawg Pound Daily
- Cleveland Browns critics continue to misplace their judgement
- 3 Cleveland Browns players who don’t deserve another season in 2023
- How the Browns could maximize Nick Chubb in 2023
- Can Deshaun Watson get to Patrick Mahomes level for Cleveland Browns?
- 3 Cleveland Browns who should see an expanded role in 2023 and 1 who should not
It makes no sense as the original rumors seemed to spawn from a change in defensive philosophy when head coach Doug Pederson arrived and brought a new defense with him. The move prompted Philly to put Kendricks outside after he was so effective in the middle of their 3-4 defense.
Kendricks still played well despite the move. His 2016 season was shortened by a quadriceps injury, but he still recorded 77 tackles. The relationship between him and the team may still be on the rocks though as Kendricks entered 2017 asking for a trade.
Cleveland could very well call the Eagles and ask what it would take to bring him in. While linebacker may not be a huge need, Kendricks is a solid player that could make the unit even better.
Although such a move may go back to how Dorsey feels about Jamie Collins. He and Kendricks both play the strong side linebacker, so the key is their take on Collins — who makes a lot of money, but wasn’t given that with this front office calling the shots.