Browns Vs Titans: Big Third Quarter Plays
The Cleveland Browns face off with the Tennessee Titans in a game matching up two teams that each only have one win. A big game for the Browns as they try to right their ship back to a .500 record while the Titans welcome back starter Jake Locker.
We will cover the Browns Vs Titans looking at big plays in each quarter as well as the possibly unseen decision/play/move that led to the big play.
In Case You Missed It: 1st Quarter 2nd Quarter
Continuing here with the Third Quarter:
- Jake Locker out for the rest of the game.
- Big for Browns chance to mount a comeback.
- On first play Brian Hoyer hits Taylor Gabriel on a deep throw for 49 yards.
- Gabriel slowed down enough to keep CB off of him to make the catch.
- Browns offense stymied forced to attempt a field goal.
- No Ben Tate on this drive, Terrance West gets two carries, interesting decision.
- Field goal is good.
- Titans 28 – Browns 13
- Titans convert 3rd down pass.
- Browns played off coverage giving Charlie Whitehurst an easy completion to Nate Washington.
- Personal Foul and Andy Levitre marches Titans back 15 yards.
- Hit Christian Kirksey in retaliation from Locker hit.
- Jordan Poyer again returning punts.
- Two penalties, one on each team, gives the Browns the ball at the 20 yard line.
- After two failed pass plays Hoyer hits Taylor Gabriel on a long gain for a first.
- Throw was low where only the receiver could get it.
More from Browns News
- Cleveland Browns critics continue to misplace their judgement
- 3 Cleveland Browns players who don’t deserve another season in 2023
- How the Browns could maximize Nick Chubb in 2023
- Can Deshaun Watson get to Patrick Mahomes level for Cleveland Browns?
- 3 Cleveland Browns who should see an expanded role in 2023 and 1 who should not
- Browns work down near the redzone but can’t convert on 3rd or 4th down.
- Went away from the run on last two plays.
- No pass interference called when Jordan Cameron gets “mugged” (announcer’s word) on third down pass.
- Turnover to Titans instead of kicking the field goal.
- Browns get the Titans to go three and out.
- Hustle play by Armonty Bryant key to stop.
- Travis Benjamin dropped a punt turning the ball over back to the Titans.
- Late penalty on Titans force the Titans to punt again. May be the biggest play of the game.
- Browns break past midfield.
- Big effort from Andrew Hawkins and Ben Tate key the drive so far as quarter ends.
- Titans 28 – Browns 13
Which play had the biggest impact on this quarter to you?